As a parent, you can spread the word about Religious Freedom Day to educators and other parents at your school.
You could also ask your school board to officially join the President in commemorating Religious Freedom Day. The local school board could send a letter to all the school principals letting them know the district recognizes Religious Freedom Day and approves of schools doing the same. You could ask your schools to show the 3 R's of Religion video below during morning announcements.
- Commemorating Religious Freedom Day (January 16)
- The 3 R's of Religion video (Appropriate for school announcements)
- The Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom
- The Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom (Paraphrase)
- U.S. Department of Education's Guidelines on Religious Expression in Public Schools
- Student Pamphlets summarizing US Dept of Education's Guidelines